Friday, May 4, 2012

Spring Foodventures

Hello Friends. It's been a while (grad school happens). It's finals week, so what better way to procrastinate papers, projects, and studying than to share pictures of my spring food adventures, or foodventures as I like to call them.

We begin with Valentine's Day, where we rang in this holiday of commercial love with an Anti-Valentine's Day party and booze. Here we have some watermelon and raspberry heart-shaped jello shooters and bittersweet cookies (inspired by BitterSweets candies, the anti-SweeTart sugar fix).



We move on to Presidents' Day Weekend. In honor of George Washington, I made cherry sugar cookies. I cannot tell a lie...



Continuing with holidays, Easter happened. Easter is a season of renewal and redemption, but I did something unforgivable. I deca-peep-tated a beloved, American treat. Peeps are quite possibly the grossest candy, despite their adorable nature. They were sacrificed to a higher cause: s'mores bars.


I whipped up some deviled easter eggs for an Easter supper hosted by my gracious friends Rob and Kristen. We had quite the dinner spread: Honey Baked Ham, Hawaiian Rolls, Bacon Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Cilantro Jicama Pineapple Spinach Salad, Green Beans with Walnuts and Cranberries, and Quinoa and Sun-dried Tomato Stuffed Mini Peppers. Oh and cake.


The following week Rob and Kristen got married! Cecilia hosted a hot-pot-style dinner for Kristen and the ladies before Kristen flew off to Florida. While the boys were off enjoying less clandestine entertainment, the ladies oogled Gene Kelly's bum in An American in Paris with no shortage of wine.




Then came the wedding! and my first stay in sunny Florida - dancing, macarons, cake, beaches, sunsets, drum circles, and seafood galore! A more fantastic trip could not have been had.






Once we got back to Tucson, it was time for the 1st Annual Taco Festival and Annual Tucson Pie Party (ALL IN ONE DAY!). That was the best smelling day of my life.


My favorite taco was the Chicken Prickly Pear Taco. MMMmmmMmm. I have dreams about this guy.





My favorite pie ended up being a savory Apple and Kale Pie with onions. Who knew?

























It's been a challenging spring, but food has been kind to me (and my hips).
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Hot This Week?